.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, March 01, 2008

 

Good Bye, My Child


Goodbye my child the terrorist!

Goodbye my child! Your life was cut short by those strangers from foreign lands who came holding the Bible in one hand and a gun in the other, determined to steal your land and mine, to cut the olive tree that was there on the land before they were born, to cut the orange tree that I was hoping you would pick its fruits when you grow up, to demolish the house that I built to give you shelter.

Goodbye, my child! I may be joining you soon because I am not leaving this land. I may be joining you, because alone I am defending this land. Alone against a world which doesn't want to see or hear! Alone because on the other side of the border my kin are in a comatose state. Alone, because a few bandits have taken over the world.

I am doing my best, my child, but I feel all alone!
Raja George Mattar

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Palestine Blogs - The Gazette