.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, February 12, 2006

 

and I will go into hell again


Be to her, Persephone,
All the things I might not be:
Take her head upon your knee.
She that was so proud and wild,
Flippant, arrogant and free,
She that had no need of me,
Is a little lonely child
Lost in Hell,—Persephone,
Take her head upon your knee:
Say to her, "My dear, my dear,
It is not so dreadful here." Edna St. Vincent Millay

and i will go into hell again
to hold the child

that every woman has lost

will go into hell again
for an eternity

to love the child scorned

will swim through the Zionist smog
the sulfurous poisons spewed
by sick and selfish ideologues

will break my own heart
a billion times
to bleed into the stones

a trail of mere breadcrumbs for birds

till flocks and flocks of birds
fill the sky pushing gunships aside
with the brush stroke of wings

and i will go into hell again
to hold the child

bringing Palestine home

bell

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Palestine Blogs - The Gazette