.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, December 16, 2005

 

When 'Milk and Honey' Turns to 'Blood and Lead'

Laila describes the ongoing psychological warfare and collective punishment Israel heaps upon its subjects via breaking of the sound barrier.

"I am writing this entry as my heart is pounding, my fingers trembling, my eyes in tears. . . so forgive me if I sound irrational. I thought it was over, I really did. Was I naive? Perhaps. But hopeful. Always hopeful. Now I simply feel stupid; and very, VERY afraid." Read more about the ongoing tragedy in what Oren Ben-Dor calls the "land of lead and blood," and I challenge Jews to reflect upon whether real estate defines what it is to be a Jew, and young Jewish men and women from all over the world, why do you want to make "aliyah" when the country to which you aspire continues to violate the civil and human rights of its indigenous inhabitants. How can you justify your aspirations and at the same time ignore the human and civil rights of the indigenous population? Does it ever bother your conscience that Palestinians born in Palestine aspire to return to the place they were born and that you have the right to immigrate to a place where you were not born? Think of the "ethics" involved.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Palestine Blogs - The Gazette