.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, November 19, 2005

 

The victim is required to guarantee the security of his oppressor

The beginning of a beautifully detailed and moving story by Mike Odatella, a fellow Palesinian activist in Al-Awda. Also check out Mike's website: http://www.hanini.org

Dear Hillary,

My name is Mike Odetalla. I am a Palestinian/American and a father of three, who was born in 1960 in my ancestral village of Beit Hanina, which is a suburb of Jerusalem, and according to internationally recognized laws, conventions, and resolutions, is considered part of the occupied Palestinian Territories that were invaded and captured by Israel in the 1967 war. I was a child of war, having lived through the 1967 war, whereby my mother, my siblings, and I were forced to flee our home and seek refuge in the scorpion infested caves that populate the hills that surrounded our village.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Palestine Blogs - The Gazette